Derek T. Schwartz, Ph.D., BCIAC
Clinical Health Psychologist
Certified Biofeedback Practitioner
License # PSY22176
8813 Villa La Jolla Dr.
La Jolla, CA 92037-1937
Direct Line: (858) 877-0770
Fax: (858) 452-1517
[Serving the San Diego region]
What is Biofeedback?
Biofeedback is one of many tools that Dr. Schwartz utilizes to treat health conditions and improve quality of life. It is a very basic, yet extremely effective physiological monitoring tool. It is a non-invasive “treatment” in which patients are connected to a computer via electrodes to obtain information such as temperature, sweat gland activity, muscle tension, breathing, and heart functioning [NOT for treating or diagnosing heart conditions].
Read more >
- What is Biofeedback?
- Pain Management: Controlling Your Life
- The War with Cancer
- The Darkness of Depression
- The Heaviness of Weight Management
- Headaches: A Big Pain in the Neck
- The Ball and Chain of Anxiety
- Reinforcing Relationships
- Lifestyle Coaching: Changing Your Path
- Stress Management: Maintaining Balance
- The Wounded Heart: Heart Disease and You